Lagos Tolling Company
Lagos Tolling Company (LTC) was incorporated on 27th July, 2010, by Catamaran Nigeria Limited, to provide Electronic Tolling Services, Maintenance and Toll Road Operations within Lagos State.
In January 2013, Catamaran Nigeria Limited in partnership with EFKON South Africa Pty Ltd was granted a 10 year Concession Contract by the Lagos State Government for the Design, Supply and Installation of Toll Collection Equipment as well as set up the organisational and operational structure to efficiently manage the Operations and Maintenance of the Electronic Toll System on the Lekki Ikoyi Link Bridge (LILB), which is Operated and Maintained by Lago Tolling Company.
The scope of the Concession includes:
- Collection of Toll Revenue either by Cash or Cashless electronic means using pre-registered e-Tag and/or smart contactless card;
- Incident detection and response on the LILB;
- Toll Systems Auditing and Verification Systems and Practices
- Operational and Technical Procedures
- Toll Equipment Maintenance Specialist.
- Key Performance Indicators Monitoring on Operational Levels of Service and Equipment Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF)
- Transaction processing and violation enforcement;
- Control of branding and advertisement;
- Control of the use of wayleaves;
- Cleaning of the Bridge including the roundabouts on the Ikoyi and Lekki ends of the Lekki Ikoyi Link Bridge) as well as the Toll plaza area and Control Building
- Provide 24/7/365 power supply of lighting and illumination devices on the Bridge.
- Ensure Lane Availability is >98.5% at all times
- Process >32,000 Vehicles a day in a 6 lane plaza.
The LILB was commissioned on 29th May, 2013 and Lagos Tolling Company commenced the operations and maintenance contract on the 1st June 2013.
In June 2016 Lagos Tolling Company transferred the Operation of the Lekki Ikoyi Link Bridge to Lagos Concession Company. Lagos Tolling Company is however still responsible for the high level maintenance of the Toll Collection System.